Media Watch Category
Popular Daily Fresh News
Media Watch 2012
- A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin
- Now 9 Million Viewers Can Get To Enjoy Free Satellite TV!
- ADEX Set To Slow In 2012
- Dentsu Media Malaysia Starts Next Week!
- TrapperMPG Awarded Mersing Laguna Project
- Astro Sparks TV Revolution With 37 Free TV And Radio Channels!
- Leslie Lopez to join The Edge
- Universal McCann Study Urges Businesses To Get Personal
Media Watch 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia
- Television Overtakes Newspapers in Adex First Time in Malaysian Advertising History?
- MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs
- Your chance to name Astro’s Pay TV Portal & win an iPad2
- Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO
- Anirban Ganguly joins OMG
- Malay Mail Nails The News As It Is!
- Star World Brings Celcom and Pos Malaysia as the Hits Keep On Coming!
|Havas Media Boosts the Brand Engagement Offer of the Havas Sports & Entertainment Network|
|Thursday, 12 April 2012 11:54|
Havas Media, one of the world’s leading media groups, announced a further expansion of its Havas Sports & Entertainment operations with the acquisition of ignition, an award winning, independent experiential marketing agency with offices in the USA, London and Moscow.
The acquisition forms part of Havas Sports & Entertainment’s strategy to up-weight its global brand engagement offer, particularly in the run up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the 2014 FIFA World Cup ™ Brazil.
The ignition brand will join the Havas Sports & Entertainment and Cake Group agencies in delivering experiential campaigns in markets complementary to the network’s existing local footprint, which now spans 34 offices in 20 markets. With ignition’s headquarters and strongholds in Atlanta and New York, the move will significantly increase Havas Sports & Entertainment’s capabilities in the US.
ignition’s delivery of large-scale, event-led brand engagement campaigns and leadership in sustainable experiential marketing will also complement Havas Sports & Entertainment’s current branded content, social media, sponsorship consulting, PR, brand experience and research offers.
Along with synergies in location and expertise, ignition also adds an attractive, long-retained client base with brands such as American Express, BP, Delta Air Lines, ESPN, Kia, United Nations Foundation, Victoria’s Secret and The Coca-Cola Company (with whom it holds a prestigious ‘global partner’ status).
ignition will continue to be managed by Mike Hersom, current ignition president, alongside Cindy-Ann “CA” Hersom, CMO, and Dill and Susan Driscoll, the original founders. Hersom will report into Havas Sports & Entertainment’s global president and CEO Lucien Boyer.
"We are proud to welcome ignition to the Havas Sports & Entertainment network. Together we will achieve great things thanks to ignition's expertise and outstanding reputation for delivering sustainable consumer experiential events around the world," began Boyer.
“ignition will add tangible value to the Havas Sports & Entertainment and Cake Group agencies in our network, helping to reinforce our strong global offering at a very interesting time for brands in sports and entertainment”.
“ignition's 15 year history of activating the Olympic Torch Relay, including for London 2012, and 14 years activating the Trophy Tour in relation to the FIFA World Cup™ for The Coca-Cola Company will also build on our involvement with these key clients and sports organizations.”
Hersom adds: "Today the ignition brand goes truly global. With Havas Sports & Entertainment's infrastructure, insight and reach, coupled with our 15 year track record of leading complex international consumer campaigns, we are now poised to take our magic to scale for sustainable growth."