Media Watch Category
Popular Daily Fresh News
Media Watch 2012
- A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin
- Now 9 Million Viewers Can Get To Enjoy Free Satellite TV!
- ADEX Set To Slow In 2012
- Dentsu Media Malaysia Starts Next Week!
- TrapperMPG Awarded Mersing Laguna Project
- Leslie Lopez to join The Edge
- Astro Sparks TV Revolution With 37 Free TV And Radio Channels!
- Universal McCann Study Urges Businesses To Get Personal
Media Watch 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia
- Television Overtakes Newspapers in Adex First Time in Malaysian Advertising History?
- MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs
- Your chance to name Astro’s Pay TV Portal & win an iPad2
- Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO
- Malay Mail Nails The News As It Is!
- Star World Brings Celcom and Pos Malaysia as the Hits Keep On Coming!
- Anirban Ganguly joins OMG
|ADEX Set To Slow In 2012|
|Monday, 27 February 2012 02:10|
The growth rate of ADEX is set to slow down in Malaysia, which reflects broader economic difficulties around the world.
Adspend levels (including Pay TV) would most likely increase by 10.3% this year, measured against a 12% expansion in 2011.
Expected in 2012, the much anticipated 13th general election will happen in addition to the UEFA Euro Championship in June and the London Summer Olympics in July/August.
These ADEX-friendly events will almost certainly see TV ADEX growing ahead of print in 2012.
January ADEX underachieved versus same period year ago, as 2012 is down 6%, for the first time.
Compared to the years 2000, 2004 and 2008 which had the Election, Euro and Olympics, ADEX growths during January are 30%, 14% and 19%, respectively.
It's too soon to predict if the trend will continue, but it would be good for the industry and the country to see a rebound in the following months.
Data sourced from Nielsen