Media Watch Category
Popular Daily Fresh News
Media Watch 2012
- A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin
- Now 9 Million Viewers Can Get To Enjoy Free Satellite TV!
- ADEX Set To Slow In 2012
- Dentsu Media Malaysia Starts Next Week!
- TrapperMPG Awarded Mersing Laguna Project
- Leslie Lopez to join The Edge
- Astro Sparks TV Revolution With 37 Free TV And Radio Channels!
- Universal McCann Study Urges Businesses To Get Personal
Media Watch 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia
- Television Overtakes Newspapers in Adex First Time in Malaysian Advertising History?
- MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs
- Your chance to name Astro’s Pay TV Portal & win an iPad2
- Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO
- Malay Mail Nails The News As It Is!
- Star World Brings Celcom and Pos Malaysia as the Hits Keep On Coming!
- Anirban Ganguly joins OMG
|A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin|
|Monday, 20 February 2012 12:39|
Media maven and leading industry veteran Ms Tan Siang Lin passed away peacefully yesterday. She joined MediaCom in 2000 as an Associate Media Director and quickly rose through the ranks to head MediaCom Malaysia. Her commitment and dedication at MediaCom steered the company's communications planning and buying. She pioneered sponsorship marketing, branded entertainment services and steered MediaCom to be a powerhouse in the media specialist scene with excellent growth in their direct business portfolio.
The bubbly and chatty Siang Lin was also President of Malaysia's Media Specialist Association (MSA) and her last posting was Trading Director at Aegis Media Malaysia. In her lifetime she chalked up 20 years of experience in the industry, following stints at various media agencies such as J.Walter Thompson, Dentsu Young & Rubicam and McCann Erickson.
We will all miss her. The wake is tonight at her home in Aman Suria Damansara and the funeral will be held tomorrow morning at 10am.