Media Watch Category
Popular Daily Fresh News
Media Watch 2012
- A Final Farewell to Tan Siang Lin
- Now 9 Million Viewers Can Get To Enjoy Free Satellite TV!
- ADEX Set To Slow In 2012
- Dentsu Media Malaysia Starts Next Week!
- TrapperMPG Awarded Mersing Laguna Project
- Leslie Lopez to join The Edge
- Astro Sparks TV Revolution With 37 Free TV And Radio Channels!
- Universal McCann Study Urges Businesses To Get Personal
Media Watch 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia
- Television Overtakes Newspapers in Adex First Time in Malaysian Advertising History?
- MRCA and 8TV Collaborate to Honour Local Entrepreneurs
- Your chance to name Astro’s Pay TV Portal & win an iPad2
- Catcha Media Appoints Co-Founder As CEO
- Malay Mail Nails The News As It Is!
- Anirban Ganguly joins OMG
- Star World Brings Celcom and Pos Malaysia as the Hits Keep On Coming!
|ESPN STAR Sports & Astro brings the first-ever 3D BPL live telecast to Malaysia|
|Thursday, 13 January 2011 12:38|
Malaysia first market in Asia to watch top selection of live BPL matches in 3D!
ESPN STAR Sports and Astro are bringing the first-ever 3D live telecast of the Barclays Premier League to sport fans across the nation.
The new initiative, supported by Maxis, MyEG and Panasonic, will showcase a calendar of matches in 3D for the 2010/2011 BPL season, starting with this Sunday’s (16th January) highly anticipated Merseyside derby match between Liverpool and Everton at 10.00pm on ESPN 3D, followed by the Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United game at 12.00am on Astro SuperSport 3D. Astro B.yond customers with sports package and 3D TVs at home can tune in to Channel 830 to watch both LIVE 3D matches.
The Liverpool vs Everton match can also be enjoyed in HD on ESPN HD (Channel 832), in SD on ESPN (Channel 812), and LIVE video streaming on ESPN Player via www.astro.com.my/stadiumastro. Football fans using iPhone can watch the game LIVE anywhere by downloading Astro’s B.player application for free.
Henry Tan, Chief Operating Officer of Astro told ADOI, “Malaysians can experience the historic LIVE telecast of one of the biggest BPL match in 3D as well as HD. Astro is constantly innovating to provide our customers unparalleled viewing experience.”
Adam Zecha, Executive Vice President, Head of Sales, ESPN STAR Sports added, “It is our endeavour to continue to enhance fans’ viewing experience, and working along with our partners we are very pleased to add in one more dimension to our overall offering around the broadcast of BPL in Malaysia.”
The partnership between ESPN STAR Sports and Astro aims to showcase a top selection of LIVE 3D matches from this season’s Barclays Premier League in Malaysia. The initiative marks a major milestone in the Asian sports broadcasting industry as ESPN STAR Sports and Astro collaborate to bring the 3D broadcast of select BPL LIVE matches this season on Astro B.yond.