|Registration and Welcome
President, International Advertising Association (IAA) Malaysia
by Dato'Seri Syed Zainal Abidin
Malaysia's Auto Brand Warrior!
- What Malaysia brands have to do to attain global acclaim status.
- Branding and excellence go hand in hand - capturing new markets
with Brand Malaysia.
- The new CMO has to think like the CEO - examples and challenges.
- Who is responsible for the success of a brand and increased
- The future of Marketing is universal - digital challenges..
| Fiona Liao
Director of Brand Communications, Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad
Marketing Strategy in Action - Case study from Prudential
- Listen to understand: characteristics vs. needs
- Find your target market and engage with them
- Developing a communication strategy that builds affinity
- Leveraging on strengths for effective execution
- R U Ready?
Real-life case-study presentation on Prudential’s recent Youth
Campaign - R U Ready which has taken brand engagement to a
whole new level. As Brand & Communications Director for Prudential
Assurance Malaysia Berhad, her role is to develop, implement and
monitor brand communication strategy and activities to support the
company’s sustained drive to be the Number 1 life insurer in Malaysia.
Fiona has been instrumental in building the Prudential brand through
innovative advertising, brand building and revenue generation
activities. A true success story.
President, Marketing Research Society of Malaysia
- CMO typology on marketing information usage.
- Marketing information reality in practice.
- Is it purely all facts?
- Marketing research Unusual.
- Mitigating risks in marketing research.
|Coffee/Tea Networking break
Marketing Manager, IBM Marketing Solutions (EMM), Growth Markets Unit
- Are you tracking visits or visi tors to your web sites?
- How marketers can leverage knowledge from online customers as a
platform for marketing optimisation.
- New possibilities from advanced marketing attribution models.
- Latest benchmark practices to streamline your marketing
plans with ROIs.
- Learnings that will springboard your online presence plus help you win in the boardroom.
MD, Dutch Lady Milk Industries
- Can a CMO become a CEO?
- What does it take to get to the top?
- How marketing skills and competencies can be used
in the corner office.
- Challenges for a marketeer to move into general management.
- Practical tips and advice.
- Is measurement or intuition critical to Marketing?
- How do you train Marketing people when change happens every day?
- Does competing means having to ‘battle it out’ or ‘managing the
- Is there a Zen to Marketing?
- Are you enjoying the magic of Marketing?
- Fiona Liao - Director of Brand Communications, Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad
- Kevin Mackin - Marketing Manager, IBM Marketing Solutions (EMM), Growth Markets Unit
- John D.Chacko - Director, Group Marketing & Branding, Proton Holdings
- Eric Chong - President, Branding Association of Malaysia
- Henry Tan - COO, Astro
- Rahul Colaco - MD, Dutch Lady Milk Industries
|Goh Shu Fen
Chairman Asia Pacific Marketing Congress
Growing year on year in attracting the crème de la crème from over
16 countries in the Asia Pacific region to compete and be recognised
for their brilliance in marketing strategy, creativity in execution and
performance in delivering real business results, the APPIES continues to
be a prestigious annual awards festival.
Organised by the Institute of Advertising Singapore, it is also one of
the most invigorating and inspiring knowledge exchange platforms for
marketers in the region.
|Tan Thiam Hock
Founder, Alliance Cosmetics Group
Tan Thiam Hock, founder of the Silky Girl brand, is a self-made
entrepreneur. A weekly newspaper columnist in recent times, Thiam
Hock started in business with capital from Ang Guan Seng of Petaling
Garden (same group with Tan Chin Nam, Ipoh Garden and Mid Valley
developer), and with sheer hard work and good timing, grew the
business to a RM200 million enterprise.
Today private equity funds namely Navis and Ekuinas own 80% of the
company. He is a true marketing maverick with great stories to share?
MD, Asia Pacific Brandimage - Desgrippes & LAGA, HK
- Making design vital in your company - Is your CMO also your CDO (Chief Design Officer)?
- The Power of Design - Breaking down design into its powerful component parts
- How are Companies using design to power their brands to success?
- Painful lessons – some design ‘flubs’ worthy of examination
- Brand Strategy vs Communications Strategy – what’s the difference and how do they fit together?
Craig lives at the heart of brand building driving it through the lens of
Design. He talks about ‘authentic interaction’ and his global awardwinning
team has worked for leading brands like China Airlines,
Van Cleef & Arpels, SkyTeam, Godiva Chocolatier, the French Open
and more... His scope ranges from brand identity, industrial design,
packaging, graphic, interactive, retail and architecture. No one speaks
more eloquently about the power of Design in marketing than Craig!
- Is the Chief Marketing Officer is a growing player at today’s
boardroom level discussions and decisions on corporate and brand
- The New Rules of ROI
- The Talent Crunch - are there enough good people out there?
- Relevance of the CMO in trying economic times
- Knowledge capital in the marketing space, future directions
- Tan Thiam Hock - Founder, Alliance Cosmetics Group
- Dr Wong Lai Sum - CEO, MATRADE
- Craig Briggs - MD, Asia Pacific Brandimage - Desgrippes & LAGA, HK
- Ranganathan Somanathan - President, Media Specialist Association (MSA)
- SK Wong - Advisor, QSR Brands
- Ahmad Izham Omar - COO, Media Prima Television Networks
- Amirullah Haji Abdullah, PMP, Executive Chairman of Al-Meswak Mu'min Sdn Bhd
by Dato' Seri Shazalli Ramly
CEO, Celcom Axiata
Dato’ Sri Shazalli Ramly is the quintessential firebrand. His personality,
business acumen and strategic thinking have been embedded in the
fabric of Malaysia’s telco industry today.
Celcom had a record breaking 16 quarters of uninterrupted consecutive
growth, outperforming its nearest competitor in 3 out of 4 quarters in
2008 and 2009.
Recently, PC.com awarded him its inaugural CEO of the Year Award
for his discerning leadership, business aptitude, and larger-than-life
character. He says if he had not made the cut as a successful corporate
figure, he would have been a drummer with a band playing in a club.
His ascension from marketing man to corporate icon is a tale of true
inspiration for all marketing professionals.
The fourth annual CREAM (Client Relationships And Experiences with
Agencies in Malaysia) Agencies of the Year winners are decided from
survey commissioned by MARKETING magazine amongst marketers,
and conducted by TNS-RI using their world-famous TRI*M stakeholder
measurement tool in collaboration with R3, one of the world’s leading
agency evaluation and assessment specialist.